So I've finally figured out what I want to do with all the fabric I got from my bridal shower. I'm going to do a modified log cabin design, using 4-inch (finished) squares of fussy-cut campers as the "hearth".
I'm much more confident that this could turn out well this morning, after playing around with junk fabrics I had in my stash last night. I got a few of my I Spy squares, and 12 strips from a generic jelly roll I got on eBay a while back, and did some stack n whacking. This design was actually really easy and worked perfectly with jelly roll size/length fabrics. I'll try and make up a tutorial as I go.