First and foremost, I'm giving everyone one last chance (until 5 PM tonight) to enter Wednesday's 200th post giveaway. You'll just have to go on over and see what the prize is (because you need the visuals to get the real fun of it).
And now, Friday's Fave Five:
1. Accidental victories. A couple months ago, I came up with a very efficient way of doing some stuff for work which literally saved me days of tedium. I shared it with my team, and they weren't really interested in learning the method because they were too busy. No big. Yesterday, the IT crew did some stuff behind the scenes that ended up breaking a lot of our files, translating to a HUGE overhaul of everything and some very panicked emails, particularly about my files. Thing is, the method I'd come up with had accounted for this kind of issue, so where it could have taken DAYS to fix everything, it took me 15 minutes. At the risk of gloating too much (and having someone who may have chosen not to employ my method read thing), I'll leave it with a simple "booya" and move on. I'll leave the victory dance to your imagination.
2. Kini. I swear, this dog is on my list every week. Right now, she's curled up on the treadmill (again), cuddling with her bone. Dogs are so weird. This week, we hit a milestone...her first buried bone! I wasn't there for it, but MOTU says she buried it then immediately missed it and dug it up to carry it around the yard some more. That's our puppy.
3. Generosity. I finally finished the thank you notes from the wedding last weekend. It still blows me away that we needed over 70 thank you notes...even people who barely knew us (some who didn't even know us and were friends of our parents) gave us way more than we expected them to (and my expectation was that if they were coming to celebrate with us, that was gift enough)! We are blessed.
4. Spin. I went to 2 spin classes this week, and while the first one was pretty terrible (sorry, but if it would fit in on a station called "The Eagle", it's not workout music. Sailing Away was my breaking point...I literally walked out it was so terrible) the second one (last night) was AWESOME!! The music was great (Time Warp, techno remix of My Heart Will Go On, etc.) and the workout was NUTS. I was feeling fantastic and pushed hard. I am in a little bit of pain today, and that's awesome. This weekend is Boston Balance, and I'm taking 5 classes...that's 7.5 hours of working out (3 classes are spin). Sunday is going to be a long day, but so worth it.
5. Speaking of pain, my upper body is hurting too, because for the first time in a long time, we went rock climbing this week. I'm pretty bad at it now, and my arms/back/shoulders are in pretty sad shape, but it felt so good to pull some plastic. Especially when I ended up showing up one of MOTU's friends on one of the routes. :-) Oops.
The weather here has been great...warm and sunny most of the week (minus the creepy fog that settled in on Wednesday night), and overall it's been a great week. I hope everyone else had a fabulous one too!