Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quilt Therapy

Yesterday was a meltdown kinda day.  You know how it is.  Fortunately, I wasn't alone and what perked me up was partly reading a description of someone else's meltdown and partly making another quilt top.
I finally got around to using the charm pack of Verna I won months ago from Heidi for a Friday Night Sew-In.  It's pretty.  Not sure what I'd do with actual yardage, but it's pretty as a set.  This, I think, is going to be a lap quilt for someone for Christmas.  It's just the top for now, but I have big plans for doing some actual quilting along the border (as opposed to my usual stitching in the ditch approach, which is classic and simple but not terribly imaginative).

I also pulled out some fabrics from my stash last night for something I'm going to call "Slime & Snails & Puppydog Tails".  It's definitely going to be a boy's quilt.  Not sure how big or what design exactly, but it'll be an Etsy quilt when it's done.  I'm excited to start making stuff to sell once this wedding dust starts settling. I've added a few new things to the shop, but they're all custom work, nothing I could ship out tomorrow.  Well, not unless I stayed up all night to get it done.

I still need to get the programs done, but the direction signs, at least, are done.  3 lefts and a right. I also need to get more core board to make a display to encourage people to sign the guest scrapbook and use pictures from the photo booth.  I probably need to collect supplies to let people decorate it and a box to let people put their contributions in if they don't feel like putting them in the book themselves. 

Anyway, that's the news from Lake Woebegone. 


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice top!
You mentioned "different" quilting: have you ever looked at Leah Day's stuff? She is amazing, and SO sweet to share her experience and expertise with us all:

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com
Check it out! You'll be glad you did!
=-)

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

Cute quilt and I hope everything goes well or went well at your wedding.