- I gave my notice! What this implies is a few sub-faves:
- I have a new, better job (and better means more pay, MUCH better commute, and new opportunities in a new environment).
- I'm moving in* with MOTU (but not letting my lease go until I have a ring on my finger...*I've told him I'm not really moving in, I'm putting some clothes in his closet, my sewing junk in his old room, and my treadmill by the sewing junk...but I'm not moving in). This act implies a lot of complicated things as well, including another fave which I cannot compress into this one because it deserves to stand on its own.
- I only have 2 more weeks from today to deal with the people and projects that are not the highlights of my days.
- I no longer need to attend planning meetings.
- Cold stares melting into "why are you leaving me" puppy-dog eyes from more than a few people...including some rather higher-up people that I didn't realize even knew I existed but apparently value my contributions.
- I'm valued! I had no idea some of my coworkers felt the way they do about me. Some of my favorites have been:
- "We've been through a lot of writers on this team, but you will be the tear that hangs from our soul."
- "But you're my favorite person here!"
- "You know, they have boyfriends in MA too..."
- "I get sick for 2 days and the whole place goes to hell...what happened??"
- We applied to adopt a puppy! I posted her picture yesterday, but here she is again for those of you who are just stopping by:
- Getting a mom-cooked meal at pseudo-family's house tonight! MOTU and I were planning on running the Niantic 5k this weekend, but the weather is looking like it's gonna be nasty so that's probably not going to happen. Still, we're going down anyway because my parents' best friends live in CT and MOTU hasn't gotten their approval yet. We might stop at Ikea on the way home, who knows.
- Midterms are over! And now it's spring break! From my one class! w00t! I'm hoping I did ok on that midterm, but I'm not sure. We'll see. The one downside to leaving TMW before class ends (well, besides not getting tuition reimbursed) is that now I won't have access to the toolbox or the team that's helped me understand so much. Of course, I also won't need to take a Statistics class ever again (have I mentioned how much I LOATHE Statistics??) so as long as I pass this one I should be ok.
I think I have more pictures on my camera, but for some reason my work computer won't recognize it as an input device. Grumble grumble.
Oh well, it's 1:17, which is cookie o'clock in TMW-speak!!
Have a great Friday!