Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry it's been so long. Life's gotten crazy busy lately.

Last weekend was our anniversary, so we went up to VT to celebrate. It was wonderful to be able to relax and relive the memories a bit.

 At the winery
 Out to dinner
 At the church

Back at home, I've got a few projects in the works (of course), the most pressing of which is this one:
Just kidding. That yellow makes my eyes hurt a little. Blech. I swapped it out for a blue and now it's much more soothing:
Right now the rows are all sewn and about half are sewn together. I'm hoping to get the top done tonight so I can baste it and do some simple quilting (diagonal lines) and get it done for a friend who needs it this weekend. Might be a long night.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the gymnastics quilt:
I'm debating doing something more complicated on the colored blocks, but it depends on how much time I have in the next few weeks. I've been a little swamped lately.

On a positive note, two quilts met their recipients this weekend, and I'm told both were very well received. :-) I love hearing when my babies go to a loving home.

And finally, sad news...I'm shipping out the military quilt today. Mom's coming to visit tomorrow, but the girl wants me to ship it ASAP, so out it goes. Sigh. Another quilt goes out into the world...I got a little attached to this one, as you can imagine. Farewell little quilt, godspeed:

No comments: