Friday, January 7, 2011

Detours

I got one more block done for the wedding quilt last night.  As much as I'm enjoying putting this together though, I needed a quick fix...I needed to put something together that would be done withing a couple hours tops.  It's not quite done, but it can be tonight if I make it so.

 Pink pinwheels lovey!
The backing is fleece leftover from my mom's quilt eons ago.  The quilting is practice...I'm not terribly good at free motion, as you can see (actually it looks ok if you squint). Mostly this is just practice.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it...either throw it up on Etsy or put it in the package with the QFK quilts I'm hoping will come any day now.

I wasn't sure if pink and black would be too dark or not, but I think I like it.  It's a little edgier than pink and, say, brown would've been.  I could see this working for a young tomboy.  

No comments: