Monday, July 26, 2010

Today was...

Today was a lot of things.  Not all of them good, but not all of them bad.  I think I'm deciding to call today "empowering". 

I could go into detail about how miserable a day it was (and trust me, it was pretty awful), but you know what?  It's the end of the day and I'm alive to tell.  I took care of some serious business today that I'm not sure I would've said I could handle on my own.  I did it.  Alone. 

At one point, I was driving home sobbing and I thought about bungee jumping. Days like today are the reason why that was so important.  I did that.  By myself. I did today.  By myself.  I am capable of handling scary, nasty, awful, miserable situations by myself.  (OK, I may have called my mom and brother for support at a couple points, but the actual doing of what needed to be done was all me.)  MOTU was incommunicado today, so I was the only person I could rely on.  And I. DID. IT.

I know this is enigmatic and completely unrelated to quilting, but today was a day I can be proud of, in spite of a few tears.  I did good.  I did the best I could, and it's enough.

I hope everyone else had an empowering day too.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

And now it's my turn:
If i could, i would run there and give you a great big hug right now!

Good for you Kat!
=-)

Kat said...

:-) Thanks Wendy!