Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finally! Something with Fabric!

Ok, it's not much, but it's what I've got.  I've resurrected the flower sweat shop table in the living room, in hopes of maybe finishing the rest of the bouquets soon.  Unfortunately, I only have one picture for you for now though:

This is the flower I put on the back of Alishia's bouquet.  (She's the one that gets the Save a Horse quilt, and is one of my bridesmaids.)  I have another button like this for Jimmy.  We've had a long-standing series of pirate-related inside jokes, and when I saw these at JoAnn's, I couldn't resist.  I think it's hysterical.  :-D

I suppose I do have a couple other pictures I can post, just for kicks:

These aren't us, but the strip down the middle is what will go in the middle of the strips that come out of the photo booth I've rented for the reception.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have unlimited photo booth pictures for our guest book!! 


And this steaming pile o' potential is our cake topper!  It's about 7.5 inches long, which I hope means that the wheels are less than 6 inches apart, since that's how big the top tier of the cake is.  If not, we'll have to get creative.  Since Helen isn't painted yet (she's getting a makeover), I don't know how I'll paint this one, but I'm looking forward to it for sure. 
I saw these at a winery in CA last weekend and just fell in love with them!  I have a friend who does metalworking, and he said if I come help him, he can make these for centerpieces!  I'm thinking leaves around the base, and I can give them away to guests at the end of the night (with his card, of course). 
 Also in CA, we found where the seals/sea lions hide out at one of the docks.  There's no zoom here:
 No zoom here either.
 And here's the bait:
On that note, happy Thursday, all!  :-D

No comments: