What a week! So much awesome (and so little quilting...not so awesome) crammed in! Let's a four-letter word week, just for fun:
1. Utah! I'm going to Utah! Two of my bridesmaids live in Salt Lake, so I'm going out to visit them over Labor Day weekend for my bachelorette party and some fun. I cannot express how completely and utterly excited I am to get to go back to SLC. I went to college at the U (no BYU hate mail, please!) and can say without hesitation that if anyplace in the world is "home" to me, it's Salt Lake. My best friends and best memories are there. There are still certain bands/songs/moods that make my heart ache for the Rockies. I want to scream right now, I'm so excited to see that U on the mountain as the plane's landing.
2. Kini. She's so silly and so absurd, but we've reached a point in our puppy/momma relationship where she will actually calm down for me, and snuggle on the couch. She still gets riled up with MOTU, but he doesn't really stop her (in fact, he starts it half the time). I keep thinking of next year when she'll be my constant companion while MOTU is away at OCS. She'll be a good one. :-)
3. USMC. They're taking their sweet time processing MOTU's medical records, which means in all likelihood he won't be leaving for OCS until January. Oh darn, I am so disappointed. Really. Ok, maybe not at all. I get Christmas AND Thanksgiving with him, which means we get to stay home and be us since it'll be our first as a married couple and that's our prerogative.
4. Work. Now there's a 4-letter word. Work's been good though. LOTS of meetings. I'm finally getting more information, so I can start planning the summer and getting stuff done. It's been sort of a culture shock trying to realign my expectations with their actions, but I am LOVING how much responsibility they've given me. It's going to be a lot of work, but they're grateful to have me on board (not always the attitude tech writers get, believe me) and are happily handing off loads of work to me...can you say "job security"? :-)
5. July. Yesterday I scheduled times to taste wines for the wedding, consult with our photographer and get engagement pictures taken, and do a trial run of my hair/makeup, all in the same day! Oof! I'm so excited to do the engagement pictures...hopefully Helen will be back up and running, so we can take her and Kini up and involve them in the pictures. The kitties would be involved if they were at all portable, but, well, they're kitties. I know MOTU isn't at all excited to get his picture taken, but I am. We need good pictures of us while we're still young and pretty. :-)
What the heck, it's been such a good week I'll add a #6:
6. Pain. That's right, pain. Today, the majority of it is in my upper quad, but yesterday I was barely walking straight. I ran 8.06 miles in 1:04 on Tuesday (longest run ever, per Nike+), 2.06 miles in 15:07(?) on Wednesday (fastest mile per Nike+), 25 minutes (about 3 miles) yesterday (plus 100 walking lunges with weights, and some other weight machine stuff), and today I'm hoping to go rock climbing after work. I've got a lot of pictures to take this summer, and I'll be damned if I'm going to get them taken at my highest weight ever. (I also met mileage, speed, and calorie goals according to Nike+ this week as well...like I said, good week!)
What goals have you reached this week?