Thursday, January 5, 2012

Long Time No See

Sorry I've been a little delinquent lately. It's not for lack of sewing, it's simply been lack of time. Between classes (I got in to PT school!!!), work, gym work, and actual sewing, posting has sort of hit the back burner. But here's a post full of pictures, just so show you I haven't been doing nothing. :-)
This is the apron I made for my mother in law for Christmas. Horrible picture, but I think it came out well.
Father in law's quilt. He loved it. :-)
A mostly done great aunt in law's quilt. More on this one in a sec.
The military quilts are finally all out the door. I made 2 like this one for the boys, then the one following this for the mother, as a surprise. I'm told they were all a hit. :-)
4 quilts later, I still have a HUGE box of materials left, but 90% of it is DCUs, so I'm a little stuck for how to make that look interesting. I'm thinking maybe a rag quilt? I dunno.
This was the basket (purchased, not made, obv) with liner for grandmother in law
Front side
Over Christmas weekend, my sister in law and her friend wanted to learn to quilt, so I brought up my box of squares and showed them how to make a quick little patch quilt.
Courtney ended up doing most of the sewing while Jen made dinner, but the quilt turned out wonderfully!
Top done!

Quilting - I showed her how to do free motion stitching and she LOVED it.
The quilt's name is "Whackado".
Finished!
Kini came with us and was unrelentingly pathetic the whole time. She was very good about staying on her pillow at the top of the stairs, but she's definitely got the guilt thing down.
Aunt Margaret getting her quilt Christmas morning.
See, she's technically still on the pillow...
Father in law's quilt in its new home!
In addition to the bigger basket, I whipped up this set of pockets, in case grandma in law doesn't want to have a basket sticking out all the time.
Super easy to make!

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I'll try to be better about posting, but really the pics get put on my FB page nearly daily. Currently, I'm working on cousin in law's wedding quilt. It's a little nerve-wracking, but I think it's going to turn out nicely.

Ok one quick, crappy picture. It's still got a long way to go yet.

No comments: