Saturday, January 29, 2011

Superhero Near Disaster

Long story short, don't keep candles in your sewing room.  I got the bright idea that I could put candles on my space heater and melt them to get the scent, so they wouldn't be lit.  Good thing, or else this puppy would have gone up in flames Friday night.


Yup, one was even red.  Yikes.
After a couple of runs through the wash, it's fine...turns out highly-scented candles are mostly oil, so the wax comes out a lot easier when water/drier temps are high.  I haven't decided if I'm going to donate or sell this one yet. 
Here are a couple of glamor shots:


Seriously, I love this one.  I didn't do much in the way of quilting (I used the button function to "tie" the layers at each vertex), but the fabrics just make me smile.  There has to be a little boy out there who's meant to have this one.

 In other goings on, I made a little wine glass coaster...because I could.  It's quilted, and the other side is blue.  I'll get a picture of that later.  You may recognize the scraps from Abbey's Road.
 I finished the backing for the Valentine's Day quilt, and just now finished quilting and trimming it.  Tomorrow I'll slap some binding on it, take some glamor shots, and throw it up on etsy. 
 Kini's latest trick is telling me via window when she wants to come in.  Or just spying on me, I don't know which.
 MOTU has been recovering this week, so the Lego space shuttle (courtesy of my grandparents) came out to play. 
 Fun Lego dudes.
 Seriously, we had no idea there were SO many pieces, and that they were all in baggies in an as-of-yet undiscernible order.  But that's the fun of it.  :-)

No comments: