Monday, August 30, 2010

Design Centerpiece Monday

What a weekend!  I didn't get much sewing done until last night (and even that wasn't terribly impressive), but it was a really good weekend regardless.  We got our marriage license, I got fabric for centerpieces, we walked through the ceremony (the 5 minute version), I got a better idea of what to do for church decorations, we had a photo shoot at the fair (SO FUN!), I got my hair trial done...whew!

So first the design centerpiece pics:

 MOTU said he felt like this needed definition so I added some binding to it.
 Better. Still missing something though.
 Added some foofy stuff at the bottom, and that helped some.  I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it's getting there.  I want to make sure it's simple enough that the caterers won't have a hard time getting 16 of these done, but it needs to look good (and not like I threw fabric and a wine bottle on each table lol).  I also need better candles - these were just the ones around the house.
 Hair trial!
 This mess took 2 hours to get done, but that included a cut, shampoo, dry.  My hair is THICK.  The stylist was like "wow...you have a rope attached to your head!" when she got it wet.  I think I'm gonna cut it short for the winter...shorter looks cuter with beanies.  :-)
 Lotsa curls.  This held up surprisingly well for the whole night. 
 We went to a friend's vintage clothing store and this was the pattern on the floor.  I desperately want to make this into a quilt. 
And last but not least, the teaser pic from the photo shoot!  We had so much fun with this!!  I can't wait to see the rest of them!!


Tex|Everlasting

4 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

Congratulations to you and your fiance! The centerpiece looks really good, the added binding was a definite good move! And your hair, wow!! Beautiful!! Very cute last pic!!! Again congratulations!

Wendy said...

Wow Kat!!! Your hair looks SO gorgeous!
Gettin' closer and closer, huh?
=-)

Rabid Quilter from California said...

That vintage quilt would look lovely in neutrals; whote to light tan. DO IT!

Beth said...

wow! So much going on! As much as I love to sew...I think getting all this ready for the wedding is pretty wonderful too! My family had to lead me around by the arm when we went to Las Vegas. I kept taking pictures of the carpets! Glad I'm not alone in my obsession. hehehe. Love the border on that floor. (running for my sketch book!)