Thursday, July 15, 2010

Me Me Me!

That's right folks, I'm finally taking some Me Time.  No seriously, this time it's not even "me time that's really working on a project for someone else".  It's "me time and this time I get to keep the damn quilt". 

In February, I found some VDay fabrics that weren't too horribly Valentinesy, and bought myself a couple yards worth.  I'm finally getting around to doing something with that.  I've been dying to try a disappearing 9-patch, so that's what I'll be doing with it. 

I put together the first block but can't decide how to arrange the pieces:


 I think I like this one best.
I didn't try the traditional way (turning two pieces 180 degrees and leaving the other two alone), but I'll try that tonight and take a picture.  This one doesn't even have my totally absolute favorite of the fabrics in it either, so I'll get pics of that too.

In other "me" news, I'm in another blog!  Natalie has this fantastic weekly thing where she posts definitions of "beautiful", as defined by her readers.  It's really cool to see what others think (a lot has to do with child-rearing, I'm noticing) and has been inspiring for me to come up with how I define beautiful.  Swing on over and check her out!  She's an inspiration to me personally because she is so independent, strong, and convicted in her faith.  She's an LDS woman, and as the prevailing stereotype would lead you to assume, that's not always easy to find.  I'm glad that she's a leader of young women and that she uses her independence for good to inspire other women to be, well, better women!  I've never given much thought to my gender, but reading her blog makes me proud to be a woman on a daily basis.

In any case, back to me.  :-D  I had another finish the other night, but I don't know who reads this so I won't post pics until the person in question gets the finish.  It might be a while.

Another project I want to work on for myself is making grocery bags.  I've found all kinds of cool remnants of upholstery and sturdy apparel fabrics that just scream "make me a tote!" I have a stack in my stash, and I'm hoping to just go to town one of these nights and make a whole bunch.  If you have a nifty (and quick) pattern to try, I'm open to suggestion. 

No comments: