It seems cruel to do these on Fridays because really, the week is just starting for me...all the fun stuff happens over the weekend but by Friday I've forgotten what happened just the weekend before!
1. I got the phone call I was hoping for. With any luck, I'll be able to post the details on Monday but feel free to email me if you want details now. It's a big change, so expect a big post. :-)
2. Somewhat related, I'm learning to react to opinions of others better. In the past, some people's opinions (mostly family) have very much affected me, my actions, and my self-esteem. What's frustrating is that it seems like I can never live down the mistakes I made in college (which, admittedly, there were more than a few)...the reality though is that I'm doing pretty ok in life. I graduated in 4 years, I don't have kids (I'm not married), I've never been on drugs or to rehab, I've paid back all I owe and can now function entirely on my own...I think I'm doing pretty darn well actually. But some people worry too much without knowing all the details, and that gets both frustrating and hurtful when I don't remember to put everything into context...and "she/he's always right" is never the right context. In any case, I've started remembering to put stuff in context before letting it get me down. That's a HUGE step for me. Moving on.
3. The floors are getting there. As I type, MOTU is gearing up to put a layer of polyurethane down. They look SO good! The stink of stain has finally left (I've been cooking a lot this week) which is good too. It's a pretty powerful stink.
4. Grisgris and Shelby don't really fight anymore! She acknowledges him, gives a disgruntled growl, and lets him be unless he's heading towards her food (which he always does because he's a punk like that). Another big step in the family.
5. And finally, one more big step. MOTU has filled out the initial paperwork and has scheduled the initial medical exam to join the Marines. His appointment is on the 27th. That's just the initial exam, not the physical fitness test, so he doesn't need to have his 3 mile time down as far yet. But we are running a 5k next weekend just for kicks anyways. :-)
So that's the fave five first thing in the morning. Who knows, maybe today will bring more faves. Anyone else going to see Alice in Wonderland tonight?? I am SOOOO excited to see that!
Gabby was featured last week, I know, but "Greta" (her sister) knitted some fabulous new accessories for her and I got them as a surprise in the mail this week!