Monday, March 29, 2010

Design (Surface) Monday

Once again, it's not so much a design "wall" as it is a design "anywhere I can get the fabrics to lay flat for a while until my cat sits on them".  As such, I'm kind of sparse on the pictures today, but here's a gem y'all should enjoy:

God bless the women at Joann's.  I almost bought more teal/brown stuff for the back of Alishia's quilt, then the lady at the cutting counter pointed me to this stuff.  I still can't look at it without giggling.  That's going to be the back of her quilt, which is now called "Ride a Cowboy" (soon to be the sister quilt of Jimmy's which will be called "Save a Horse").  Long story cut exceptionally short (I'll expand later, I gotta go to work soon), the three of us have history with that song.  Nothing dirty, just a really funny incident at a night club a while back.  It's also a fun song.

In any case, I gotta jet.  First day at the new company...already it's a completely different vibe.  I hope this was the right choice...I'm pretty sure it was, but I'm still nervous.  Send happy thoughts my way!


6 comments:

Goblinf said...

hope the new job goes well.

Teaquilts said...

I've seen that fun fabric. It would be a great pillow case if you have extra. That way she can see it more often.

Diane said...

oh that is some fun backing fabric! waiting for the story.
much luck w/the new job!

Judy D in WA said...

Great fabric choice! Sending good vibes for a fabulous work day!

Quilter Kathy said...

Good luck with the new job! Love that fabric!

Barb in Mi said...

Hope your first day at work went ok. Love the backing fabric...